- Is currently working on: An art book of live drawings from poetry competitions/festivals, local open mics and hip-hop performances; a poetry manuscript; and writing for the next SoLuh! album
- Can’t live without: Prismacolor Premier Double-ended Brush/Chisel Tip Markers
- Is influenced by: “The poetry embedded in my mother’s storytelling and my father’s ‘I just wanna put that bug in your ear’ advice”
- Creates to: “Mystline” by Nujabes
- Gets motivated through: “Improvised freestyling session or running lines of old poems in new cadences”
As a communications artist, I remix visual and written language to create something unseen yet resonant. If my art will outlast my physical body, I want my body of work to move the masses, as an emcee would move a crowd.
Exaggerated and refined brushstrokes archive my subject(s) by integrating traditional drawing techniques with digital and/or “calligraffiti” design elements.
These artworks were created while listening to my favorite songs/speeches/interviews by the subject on repeat. Thus, Electric Medicine is an on-time letter from a pen pal you ain’t know you had; an energy transfusion, my challenge to family, friends, public figures and musicians to keep the inspiration cypher going.